Origin: Ancient Germanic
Meaning: from Germanic elements fardi (journey) and nand (daring, brave) essentially meaning "dangerous/brave journey"; alternatively, the first part of the name could be derived from Germanic frið meaning "peace".
Ferdi/Ferdy is a short form of the name.
- Fernand (French)
- Fernando (Spanish, Portuguese)
- Ferdinando (Spanish, Portuguese, Italian)
- Ferran (Catalan)
- Ferdynand (Polish)
- Ferdinánd, Nándor (Hungarian)
- Fernão (Portuguese)
- Hernando, Hernán, Nando (Spanish)
- Ferdinanda (Italian, German)
- Fernanda (Spanish, Portuguese, Italian)
- Fernande (French)