Meaning: from Hebrew Mikha'el meaning "who is like God?", a rhetorical question implying there is no one like God.
The name of an archangel well-known in Jewish, Christian, and Islamic religions, as well as several figures in the Bible.
Nicknames: Mike, Mikey, Mick, Mickey
- Micheal (English)
- Mikha'il (Arabic)
- Mikkel (Danish, Norwegian)
- Mikael (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish)
- Mikhael (Biblical Greek)
- Michel (French)
- Mihail (Romanian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Greek)
- Michelle (French)
- Michele (French)
- Mikaela (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish)
- Mihaila (Macedonian)
- Mihaela (Romanian, Slovene, Croatian, Macedonian)