Meaning: means "dawn, aurora" in Slavic.
In Slavic mythology, Zorya is the name of guardian goddesses of the dawn (either 2 or 3) who guard the hound Simargl to prevent him from breaking free of his chain and devouring the Ursa Minor constellation, which would cause the end of the world. The Zorya represent the Morning Star (Zorya Utrennyaya) and the Evening Star (Zorya Vechernyaya).
- Zora (Serbian, Croatian, Macedonian)
- Zorica (Serbian, Croatian and Macedonian diminutive of Zora)
- Zorka (Czech, Slovak, Croatian, Serbian, Slovene, Bulgarian, Macedonian diminutive of Zora)
- Zorana (Croatian & Serbian form of Zoran)
- Zarja (Slovene)
- Zoryana (Ukrainian)
- Zoran (Croatian, Serbian, Slovene, Macedonian)